Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Wednesday, July 23, 2008

How to Comment

July 23 10:30

So there have been some people asking me how to post a comment.......and I really don't know (or at least I didn't until 10 minutes ago). I had never done a blog before. When Heather and I were living in the hospital I just googled free blog and found this site. I didn't do much investigating of the site at all beyond just getting info out. Well, over the last couple of weeks I have played with it a bit. I made a change a couple of weeks ago. Apparantly you couldn't post a comment without signing up for something or other. Well I found out I could change that and allow any one to comment so I did. Tonight I figured I'd try to post a comment to myself to at least figure out how to do it......here's how: Click on the title of the blog entry you want to comment on. Once you've clicked, you have now chosen just that title and its writing to view. If you scroll down to the bottom you will see the option to "post a comment". Click on it. There you will find a box to type in. Once you've typed what you want, scroll down to the "word verification" area and type in the funky letters in the space provided. Scroll down more to the "choose an identity" portion. I didn't know what they meant so I just chose "anonymous". Then click on "publish your comment". It should work:)

7 comments:

The Worker Beez said...

Holy crap Thompson, it works!!!
Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather & John,

Wow! Congratulations on your babies! I got this email from work and the I couldnt figure out where I knew the name from...and then I got it! I just wanted to wish you all well and let you know I am going down next week to donate some blood :) Heather, please send me your email so we can keep in touch!! Lots of love, Samantha (from girl scouts)

Anonymous said...

Good work John--MC & I are proud of you!!! We've enjoyed your blogs and our prayers and best wishes are, of course, ongoing. Give our love to Heather & the boys.
Uncle Fritz

Karla said...

John (and Heather),
I follow your blog daily - sometimes twice a day. This blogging provision for us "on the outside" is the best invention since white bread...and the weedwacker, and zip lock bags and...omigod blogging tangents are contagious! I thought it was just you! Anyway, thank you for sharing what is probably the most heartfelt expressions of a situation I cannot even imagine and that I have read in a long time. (yet including clear medical explanations) I think of you guys all the time and picture your little family happily playing in the yard. I loved the nursery photos! It is beautiful. Good that you took photos. When everyone comes home it will never look that tidy again ...and you will love it.
By the way, I recognized the "Princess Bride" quote instantly. I love that movie - I could lipsync the entire movie. Actually my kids and I lob quotes back and forth all the time. Your day is coming...
Karla

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for leaving the instructions! You are ALL in our prayers!!!

Douglas6 said...

Thinking of you guys a lot. Lots of hugs and prayers to all of you....The Douglas Clan

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am Karla Roses' Aunt Susan from Winnipeg Manitoba. She
called and asked for more prayers for your beautiful boys. I love the pictures and feel for you and your wife. You are one strong family unit. My prayers are with you.
Susan