Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Basking

July 8 10 pm

I guess it's the yin and the yang......the sweet and the sour......the "it's better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all...... I guess you have to go through the pain of the bad days (which seem to have been a lot lately) to really truly fully enjoy the joy of the good days. Right now I am basking in the joy of a great visit with the boys. Heather and I just got back from the hospital where we enjoyed a great visit devoid of any blood letting or stats crashing. Both boys are doing very very well. Tyler is up to 10 ml of milk every three hours:) The night nurse had put wax in his ear as an earplug. She has discovered that he is really overly sensitive to sound right now and that may be why he is always so figity. When we got there she had the side of his incubator down and had just gotten done "messing with him" ( our term for taking all his stats, changing diaper etc.) It was great!! Heather and I both got to really get in there and interact with him. His eyes were totally open and he seemed to really be aware that we were there. We got to spend some really good hands on time with him. Parker's anti-biotics seem to be really making a difference. While his gasses still seem high, he seems to be responding well enough that he's slowly coming down off the oxygen at a stable rate. We actually asked the nurse to bother the on call doc to come and talk with us about him. All things are pointing in the right direction:) I'll gladly bask in the moment and hope to put together yet another good visit tomorrow:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey T!
It's Janelle. I am across the country and had no idea the boys were even born. I got a text from Cheryl about them and all I found out is that they were born and nothing more. So I called Mrs. Campbell and she filled me in with the basics. Then she gave me the address to the blog and I just finished reading your novel :). I have to say that is the most I've read all summer! It was really interesting reading all of the science behind it as well as how everyone is doing. I hope things keep getting better the boys and I will keep your whole family in my prayers. I won't be home from my road trip around the nation until the 19th but let me know if you need anything. Don't worry about ASB, we can handle it. I know that is the last thing on your mind, but I can do whatever you need. Don't feel like you have to pay any attention to this message or acknowledge me, your family is way more important. I just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers and I'm here for you like you have been for me for the last 3 years!
Best wishes to you and your family!
Love Always,
Janelle Currey