Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Last Snack - take 1

Boo hoo...I had to take pictures of Parker eating solids for the last time before surgery. I'm not sure how long it's going to be until I can recreate images like these again. One thing's for sure though, they'll probably still be wearing our ever abundant "Grandma's Little Latke" bibs. I'm not sure the boys would be able to eat without their bright blue bibs!

Here's John's good idea gone awry:

"I found these bibs that are PERFECT in size, shape, material...look less than a dollar each!"

Heather: "Grandma's Little Latke? We're not Jewish."

John: "That doesn't matter, the boys don't care! I'm gunna get them - we'll never have to buy another bib again! Bwaaaahaha!" (The evil laugh may be a bit exaggerated)

20 "Grandma's Little Latke" bibs later, the world became a better place for John Thompson.


Parker: "Hummm...here's one of those biscuit things."

Parker: "Right here is where I took a bite!"

Parker: "I think I got a little something caught in my teeth!"


Tyler: "Ha ha...this "eating" stuff is for chumps!"

Tyler: "This is where the bowl should be...on the floor!"

No comments: