Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Surgery Day

Tomorrow morning Parker will have hernia surgery. I know I shouldn't be nervous with such a "common" preemie surgery, but knowing my little one will we re-intubated makes me cringe. And today I found out that there is no recovery room so he will most likely be taken to the Lion Room for recovery. Yes, this is the boys original room from their micro preemie days. How weird it will be to walk back into the Lion Room after so many months of progress and growth. I'd better go to bed to prepare for my earlier than normal, long day. Please keep your fingers crossed that our little Parky has the strength to get off that ventilator!
Keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of you guys all day!! I hope everything went smooth & there were no complications. My dad underwent major surgery today too at Stanford, he's on a long road to recovery, but I sure hope Parker gets better soon!! Seeing them back on the vent is so hard! You guys have great strength from all you have been through with the twins, keep your head up! Things will get better.. I will keep him in my thoughts & prayers!!