Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lighten It Up!

So much has happened with the boys and I feel that these re-occurring incidents will "hold" me for...a lifetime maybe! I think I've learned MANY MANY lessons and feel WAY prepared for anything thrown this way, so isn't that enough? I can't imagine WHAT else John and I are supposed to learn or how many more hurdles we have to jump. Oh, wait...Mic-key buttons are going in tomorrow, feeding therapy evaluation on Tuesday, fighting with my insurance company and Alta Regional to secure services for the boys the rest of the week...okay, LOTS more to do and learn!

Anyway, I know I was ready for a break after our last trauma and was happy to fly to Montana for my sister's wedding. I left Thursday and returned LATE Saturday night (technically early Sunday morning after a nice delay in Seattle) - just enough distance to have a small break, but miss my guys terribly at the same time. I was relieved that Velear, my future sister-in-law, volunteered to come over from the Bay Area and watch the boys. She and Katie Garland kept the boys on schedule for two days while John worked. You can't imagine how nice it was knowing that the Bubbies were in capable hands! I can't thank them enough!

The wedding was intimate and beautiful - I'd post a pic of the special event but I forgot my camera! Doh! Just as well as I became the wedding photographer and ended up taking pictures with my sister's brand new Cannon - very nice! Should I get my hands on some wedding pics, I will post them. Until then, I can tell you that it was a surprise trip - my sister had no idea that I was coming. My mother flew in and surprised her as well. We stayed at a beautiful resort in Polson Montana located on Flathead Lake. It was a quick, exhausting, and joyful trip!

When I returned I noticed that some very cute pics were saved on my camera! To lighten things up a bit, here are some random shots of boys!

Great pic of Tyler standing on his own - good job Bubbie!

Park, don't EAT the book!

Parker: "Don't worry...I don't just eat them, I READ them too!"


Tyler rides horsy..."neigh"!

Tyler: "I'm a WILD and CRAZY guy!"




No comments: