Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day was incredible not only because we celebrated John on his first Father's Day, but also because the bubbies had their first birthday celebration as well! As you can imagine, I'm absolutely exhausted and still recovering from the 70+ guests so I have not posted party pics yet - but they are coming! Until then, I just had to share this fabulous scrapbook page my sister-in-law, Kristin, created for John. I don't know if you can tell but the letters spelling "DADDY" are photos of the boys (click on the picture and it will enlarge so you can see it up close). So VERY creative! And to add to her fabulousness, she created a video of the boys using pictures from their first year of life (I'm sure my brother-in-law, Bob, helped as well - uh-hum)! I will see if I can figure out how to download and post the video. What SUPERB, cherished gifts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing card for an amazing Daddy!

The first birthday celebration was fabulous on Sunday. I'm exhausted and I was only a guest.

Happy REAL Birthday Tyler and Parker!
Love You Both,
Auntie Teresa

Anonymous said...

I double-clicked on the "DADDY" photo. The picture enlarged and I could clearly see all the little pictures making up the word DADDY. So darling. Fantastic idea.
Karla

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks! Glad you liked it! :-) I had fun making it! I would be remiss in my gratitude, however, if I didn't give up my "secret" about the card...I used an amazing and FREE program called Shape Collage (http://www.shapecollage.com/). I do not know how they can keep it a free program, because it is one of the coolest things out there -- it makes everyone an ARITST! :-) You can use pics from your computer or tell it where to find them on the Interned. In this case, I pointed it to the blog, it downloaded all the pics for me (whew!), I deleted a couple that were repeats (or icons or whatnot), told it what "shape" I wanted (in this case, the word DADDY, but you can also pick other letters (even fonts), shapes, or design your own shape), pushed the magic "create" button and voila!
It will save the image as a jpg or, if you know photoshop, you can save it as a psd file and play around with it some more...which is what I did (because I wasn't happy where some of the pics had landed and/or overlapped). Then I added the rest of the card graphics. So whether you know a little or a lot about this type of thing, the program rocks!
(oh - that's why it's free...they know people will sing its praises and point others to it!) :-)

Heather - it's the same program I used to make the dvd cover for the "music videos." :-) And speaking of those - I'm trying to make a "smaller" version for you to upload, but they keep coming out too large for blogger. Argh!

Happy one-day-late b-day to the bubbies! Love you precious boys!!! :-)

kt