Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oregon Wedding

Our first road trip with the boys was a blast! My little brother, Mikey and his wife Velear were married in Oregon in July. It was our first long drive and staying in a hotel with the boys as well. Thankfully we over-packed because we ended up needing EVERYTHING! The weather changed from warm to cold and our eating child, Parker, decided that he'd rather give up food while vacationing. I guess eating just wasn't on his agenda. Thankfully I am married to a very smart man who thought this could happen and packed Parker's feeding pump and enough extra formula and supplies to sustain BOTH boys the entire trip. Whew...we needed that!



The drive was interesting - we left late at night and drove straight through from Roseville CA to Tigard OR. Actually, my husband drove straight through. I was the "talk and keep husband awake" person and navigator. The boys were fabulous in the car - they slept most of the time. At the hotel we reserved a mini-suite so the boys were able to have their own room. They were a little freaked out about the sleeping arrangements - we brought co-sleepers for them. But I think they were just so tired from the day's activities that they fell asleep pretty easily each night. John and I feel pretty lucky because the boys are really good guys. They are very well behaved and looking back, didn't give us any problems whatsoever.





I love this family photo (good one Katie Rose) - except I wish I didn't have the glass in my hand!


Waiting for the wedding to start - Parker is needing his mommy. To pass the time we are doing Parker's favorite thing...playing on mommy's phone.



This is an amazing picture because we rarely see Parker out kicking a ball! Here he is at the wedding running around kicking a ball - are you kidding us? What a shot!



So cute of Tyler and the beautiful bride - Auntie Velear!



Tyler "Elvis" Thompson! Okay, so I know Tyler loves to dance at home in front of the TV during his morning shows, BUT...I NEVER knew Tyler was such a dance machine on the dance floor! Holy smokes! The music begins to play, everyone converges onto the dance floor, someone has my child (right?) and I hear "Wow, look at Tyler go!" I look out onto the dance floor and there is a circle of people gathered around the middle of the dance floor and in the middle of the circle...one Tyler Thompson dancing his butt off! I've never seen such pure joy is Tyler's face. I think he danced and laughed and smiled for 4 hours straight! John had to pick him up off the dance floor when he was leaving for the night! The kid was a dance machine I tell you!

The things you just don't realize about your children.



These are the moments you don't "get" until you have kids.

Auntie Karla: "We've got the boys, you two go ahead and eat!"
John and I will never forget how nice this was.

Our perspective is forever changed.






No comments: