Welcome to Tyler and Parker Thompson's Blog

Tyler and Parker Thompson arrived on June 23, 2008 at only 26 weeks and 4 days old, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces (Parker) and 1 pound 10 ounces (Tyler). Parker spent 129 days (home 10/30/08) in the NICU, while brother Tyler spent 143 (home 11/13/08). We are thrilled to have our family complete with both boys home!

This blog was created by John (the daddy) to inform family and friends (and now new acquaintances) of the twins progression. Below is the blog archive dating back to the week Heather (the mommy) was admitted to the hospital. We try to post weekly updates, but on occasion the week gets the best of us.




Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Tyler and Parker!

On the door as people entered.



I made this for the refreshments and for our party favors - sugary cookies with cookie cutters attached.



John and I made the bold decision to go to Marine World the day before the party rather than prepare. So these Muno cakes were made at midnight! I decided to go with a variety of desserts rather than one big cake.


Are these the funniest cakes you've ever seen? You should have seen me trying to figure out where to stick bumps. My only reference was the cover of the Yo Gabba Gabba video - pretty funny! I'm not sure what the boys made of them!



Because you can't buy Yo Gabba Gabba stuff in the store I pretty much created most of it. These are picks I made to stick in the cupcakes - and ended up sticking everything I could get my hands on. If the toilet paper wasn't so "sturdy", it would've been "picked"!


Here's our food table complete with corn dogs and mac & cheese to compliment the roasted chicken and salad. Funny thing, the corn dogs and mac & cheese were wiped out, chicken and salad...not so much! What happened to everyone's diets?




Tyler was having sooo much fun!



I don't think any of the pictures show the boys shirts very well - rats! I created the design and John screened them - they have a faux Yo Gabba Gabba logo on top with Muno in the middle and their names on the bottom. We saved them for the party and the boys just love them!



Here's Parker giving the camera his usual "look"!




Look at that cute Parky face - couldn't you just squeeze it tight?



The excitement is brewing...



Yes, we had pinata fun! Actually I did not make this - it was actually given to us by someone who ordered one for her 2 year-old's birthday but received two instead - so she gave us her extra. Okay, we'll take it! And boy was it a blast! The boys didn't quite know what to do, but had a great time any way. I think the adults had a little more fun as they ended up taking turns! I think there is secret footage somewhere - uuuu hum!



Look at Tyler discussing his shot with daddy.




It's cake time and the Bubbies are just not sure about this cake stuff! For some reason I didn't get shots of the boys all cakey - but I know I got video!



After getting cleaned up the boys ended up in pajamas - oh well! Time for gift opening - Tyler loves balls!


I think this was a favorite thing of the boys - the musical Tigger card. Hum...maybe it was a favorite of mommy and daddy's! Ha ha! We were pretty excited to sing the song!


Here are some of the party animals!


Okay cousin Christopher...how did Muno get on a beer bottle and what preschool lesson are we learning here?


No comments: